Aquatic and terrestrial ecotoxicology
Our team of ecotoxicologists provide consultancy and research for both commercial and government clients in the areas of aquatic and terrestrial ecotoxicology. The services we offer include:
- Higher-tier risk assessments & position papers
- Design & conduct of aquatic (mesocosm) & terrestrial field studies
- Laboratory studies with many species of aquatic invertebrates and plants
- Statistical analysis and interpretation of higher-tier studies
- Probabilistic approaches
- Dossier completeness checks and data gap analysis
- Study monitoring and management
- GLP auditing of study reports and raw data
We are leaders in the design and conduct of regulatory mesocosm studies. Our facility currently comprises 99 individual replicate mesocosms, a 100,000L reservoir for plants, invertebrates and water and tanks holding an additional 20,000L of aged pond water, making it possibly the largest facility of its type in Europe. The design of our facility provides unrivalled flexibility, increased replication and a high organism diversity and abundance, essential for calculating robust endpoints. In addition, we offer GLP laboratory studies with many species of plants and invertebrates. To download a leaflet containing more information about the mesocosm facilities at CEA, click the link below.
Mesocosm facilities at Cambridge Environmental Assessments
Our terrestrial ecotoxicology specialists provide innovative risk assessments for birds & mammals, non-target arthropods (NTAs), soil organisms, honeybees and non-target plants. We seek to add realism through the inclusion of scenario-specific data, routinely undertaking complex assignments such as bird & mammal reproductive assessments.